Building an Intelligent SMArt Army
All combat platforms are connected through a hyper-connected integrated network and the collected data can be analyzed and distributed in an intelligent AI-based environment. All combatants share information using integrated terminals and AI is used to establish an intelligent cyber operational system that can detect, analyze and respond to real-time threats against advanced adversarial cyber threats.
Building a hyper-connected infrastructure
Currently, all combat platforms are restricted from hyper connecting to the ground-centered network, so multi-tier communication networks such as satellite systems, aerial systems and ground systems can be integrated and operated like a single network
SMArt units with enhanced combat capabilities by applying advance ICT and mobile technologies
- Establishment of SMArt units : Units that strengthen their combat capabilities by automating, remotizing and intellectualizing key information by applying advanced ICT new technologies to the units
Gain AI capabilities and apply to all areas
To create a hyper-intellectualized combat environment, AI will be applied to all areas, including data(standardization/quality management), dedicated organizations and personnel, data and intelligent platform and weapons systems and unit management by 2033.
SW Capacity Enhancement and Management System Development
Led by the ROK Armed forces, SW standardization and quality control for SW / data management and application to all field, organization for weapons and power support system and information system SW management, SW specialized training center is established to train experts, and SW technology research institute is established to gain SW source technology.
We strive to upgrade the cyber operational situation sharing system, AI-based cyber threat analysis system, cyber attack and defense center, and cyber·electronic warfare capability to intellectualize cyber operational / protection system and to secure professional personnel. In addition, cyber specialists are fostered to expand organizations and manpower.
- In order to share all military cyber situations and visualize combat sites, the cyber combat site management system led by the joint Chiefs of Staff will be established in the following two stages.
- Build-Ⅰ : Cyber threat intelligence, collection, analysis, prediction and visualizing cyber OPS COP
- Build-Ⅱ : Cyber threat detection, attack origin identification, active response, evaluation
- In connection with the fielding of the cyber battlefield management system, the performance improvement of the cyber command and control system and ATCIS cyber Operations Situation Chart(COP) will be pushed ahead.